Saturday, 09 September 2023
But he knows the way that I take: when he has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. -Job 23:10
The Book of Job reveals in great depth the marvellous ways through which God is working and the reward of a righteous person. The Lord testified about Job- ‘There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.’ (Job 1:8) Job Chapter 1 makes known that God allowed Satan to test Job. While passing through the tough times and sufferings, his friends came and discoursed with him. Job’s response to his friend Eliphaz’s speech in the preceding chapter, is the reading for today.
The key verse is Job’s conclusion when he earnestly searches for God and declares his integrity and confidence. As we mediate on it, these great insights from the scriptures will surely help us in our daily Christian walk.
· God knows the way: After a brief searching, Job stated that I couldn’t see Him. But he is certain that God is watching over every step of His creation and He know every intention of our hearts. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. (Heb. 4:13 Prov.15:11). Remember that He has always kept His eyes upon us and He is ready to show forth His mighty Hand to them whose heart is perfect towards Him. (2 Chron. 16:9)
· Tests for purification: While going through tough times Job is certain of one thing, that all his suffering is helping him to be purified and finally come forth as gold. For a child of God, the way of cross and the word of God is always directing us - that is the only way to reach the eternal destination. (Heb.12:1-13)
Job’s confident words did not come by suddenly but in his daily life he practiced, experienced and was assured of the following things (Job 23:11-17). How is it connected to the life of a child of God?
· Keep His Ways: My foot has held fast to his steps, his way have I kept, and not turned aside. (Job 23:11). Jesus Christ has shown us a clear way to follow. For even to this were you called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow his steps. (1 Pet. 2:21). Let us follow Him.
· Keep His Commandments: Neither have I gone back from the commandment of
his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. (Job 23:12. Jesus said, ‘He that has My commandments, and keeps them, he is the one that loves Me and he that loves Me, shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him… If a man loves Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.’ (John 14:21&23)
· Acknowledge His Sovereignty (Job 23:13-17): Always acknowledge His sovereignty in our daily life. Our God is a loving Father. In this world, don’t we take care of our children exceedingly? Our Heavenly Father loves us very dearly and is far more concerned about each one of us.
The time is running short; His coming is so near. The world is in a chaos but those who have placed their hope in Him can always say with confidence that God knows us and is at work in all things on our behalf.
To Meditate: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)